In today’s episode, we’re welcoming back Erin Clayton! A fellow MS’er who was featured back in 2015 on Episode 6. From getting her Non-profit Management Certification to raising funds for MS research, she has now decided to focus all of her time and energy into being a stay-at-home mom for her little boy, Parker.
Creating a healthy lifestyle by choosing the healthier options
In today’s episode, we’re welcoming back Erin Clayton! A fellow MS’er who was featured back in 2015 on Episode 6.
From getting her Non-profit Management Certification to raising funds for MS research, she has now decided to focus all of her time and energy into being a stay-at-home mom for her little boy, Parker.
Today we’re talking about her transformation and her journey into living a more holistic lifestyle. Erin has made major changes in her life and now treats her MS purely holistically, with great success for herself and her family. Today she shares how YOU can do it too!
In this episode we discuss:
- Erin’s diet transition to eating more organic food
- Limiting your sugar, gluten, dairy, and soy
- The Wahl’s Protocol
- Limit buying and consuming goods in boxes and cans
- The best way to store your leftover food
- Erin’s advice on a healthier home environment
- Water source: Filtered water vs. Tap water
- BPA free bottles and using less plastic cups or plastic bottles
- Erin’s MS meds
- Natural personal care product recommendations from Erin
- Suggestions about holding down the costs of things and how to “ramp-up” this kind of lifestyle
Knowing what we put inside our body is very important. Restart your diet by practicing it in moderation. Don’t cut everything out. Making small changes over a long period of time will always be the best and easiest way for you and the people around you to stay consistent.
Resources mentioned in this episode (clickable links):
- FUMS 010 – Dr. Terry Wahls On Her Diet vs. Dr. Roy Swank’s Diet for MS
- FUMS 006 – Erin Clayton, Raising Money and Awareness of Multiple Sclerosis (Erin’s first appearance on the FUMS Podcast Show)
- EWG website – Using This Website: You can search in any category and find a product you use, and see how it rated (as far as chemicals it contains): https://www.ewg.org/consumer-guides
- Armpit Detox: https://wellnessmama.com/25432/detox-your-armpits/
- Look Up Your Cosmetics & See How Its Ingredients Score: https://www.ewg.org/skindeep/
- Water Database: https://www.ewg.org/tapwater/
- Berkey Water Filters
Where to find Erin Clayton:
Email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
**Today’s episode is brought to you by: Patients Getting Paid – a new course being developed by FUMS – to help patients find legitimate work from home opportunities and paid patient advocacy gigs. There are all kinds of companies looking for the kind of knowledge you have in living with your disease. You’ve got the disease, you’ve got the knowledge – you should get paid. Sign up now for more information at FUMSnow.com/PatientsGettingPaid.
And remember to speak to this stupid disease as it deserves: tell it FUMS every day!!