When Cheryl Hile’s neurologist told her to “lower her expectations”, the marathon runner showed that she was an FUMS’er to her core. Adopting the mantra “I do what I can and never give up”, she has now completed 56 (FIFTY-SIX!!!) marathons, 41 following her diagnosis.
After running 7 marathons on 7 continents in 12 months, Cheryl founded the running and walking team Run A Myelin My Shoes to challenge the perception that strenuous exercise is bad for MS.
Listen in as I chat with this amazing MS Warrior and even get strong-armed into taking part in the 2021 event!
Topics covered in this episode include:
- Cheryl’s pre-MS life including running marathons on vacation with her husband
- Her first MS symptoms and THAT neurologist conversation
- How she founded Run A Myelin My Shoes after meeting MSers who ran or wanted to run
- Why you don’t have to run to get involved with Run A Myelin My Shoes!
- Details of how you can get involved with the 2021 event, regardless of where you live
Resources for this episode (clickable links):
- Visit CherylHile.com
- Visit the website for Run A Myelin My Shoes and get details about the 2021 RAMMS event
- Watch the Run A Myelin My Shoes mini-documentary
- Help keep FUMS alive at the FUMS Podcast Patreon page – or buy FUMS Merch
- Sign up for the Patients Getting Paid course email waiting list
** Sign up for The FUMS 6-Pack here: The FUMS 6-Pack.
~ Special thanks to my podcast editor Steve Woodward. Do you have a podcast or are you interested in starting a pod? I HIGHLY recommend adding Steve to your team. Find him at PodcastingEditor.com